Thursday 18 March 2021

Locked Inside

In an attempt to keep up with newer stuff, I decided to pick up a new pressing of the Locked Inside 'Your Thoughts. Your Own' 7". I had seen a lot of pictures of the 7" on instagram over the last year or so, on several different colours of vinyl. Eventually it got me curious enough to check out the band, and I was really into it... just after all of the various colours of vinyl had sold out. So when the label advertised a very limited new pressing via instagram, I figured I should grab one... which then turned out to be two.

I had seen these stamped label copies without paying too much attention. The deal was that there were 18 copies up for sale out of (I think) 25 copies made. It went on sale at a specified time, and then only way to get one was to email the label at that time, and then they replied to tell you how much to pay, and you had to pay within an hour. It sounded simple and it worked out for me... only when I got told how much to pay, it seemed quite a lot. But it turned out that it was because the deal was that you got a 'pack' of two 7"s. Both have blank labels, but one is stamped in red ink and the other in blue. So there were 25 sets made, and 18 sets sold out of 25 sets made. So pretty limited like.

I really like this record. Locked Inside is a straight edge hardcore band based in New York City that features Ed Mckirdy (Hands Tied, Search) on vocals, and to me at least he sounds a lot like Dan O'Mahony. So if you're looking for No For An Answer 2021 then this just could be the band for you.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Interesting. I'll have to check this out!