Friday 26 March 2021

Clear Of It All

It's crazy to think about the numbers of represses that Revelation have cranked out over the past few years. I'm actually scared to try to count, because it would probably be a much higher number than I'd be happy about. But we've seen multiple colour vinyl pressings of many of the label's older releases, with some being pressed almost too many times to count or remember. But where it all started was the clear vinyl Sick Of It All 7", pressed for Record Store Day 2010.

At the time, the prospect of a clear vinyl SOIA 7" was super exciting. And what made it cool was that the sleeves and inserts were all leftovers from the RevHQ vault rather than newly printed versions. But using up the old covers and inserts meant that there were actually 4 different versions, with each just being a different sleeve and insert combination. At the time I was lucky enough to bag 3 of the 4, but I figured I would never get the other one. I wrote this on here: 'There are only 29 copies of the fourth version that I don't have, so realistically I don't plan on ever seeing one of those.'

Well, almost 11 years later, and I managed to find one.

This version features the old (original) insert in a 'high gloss' cover. The full pressing info for the clear vinyl version is as follows:

7th press : 555 clear vinyl (Record Store Day 2010) These were pressed for Record Store Day 2010 and we used the 45rpm plates from the first pressing's mastering and some old leftover print that we had in the vault. The labels were printed using the original artwork from one of the earlier 45 rpm pressings. Here's the breakdown:
- 293 old fold-over covers with band name in red and old insert
- 150 new glued, non-glossy covers and 1997 insert
- 83 old fold-over covers with band name in black and old insert
- 29 old glued, high-gloss covers and old insert

To mark the occasion, I pulled my other 3 copies out for a photo. I have tried to show the sleeve and insert for each one, so you can have fun and try to work out which is which from the info above. Good luck!

1 comment:

Nico said...

So happy, I bought a copy at the time. Probably my favourite REV RSD release.