Tuesday 23 March 2021

Achtung!

I picked up a few 7"s from a friend a couple of weeks back. Nothing too crazy rare, but a few bits I needed to fill some holes. I thought I'd start off with this rare version of the Suicide File / R'N'R split 7" from 2002. This one comes on black vinyl and is numbered out of 15 copies on the inner dust sleeve.

According to discogs, there were 590 copies of this 7" on black vinyl. But these 15 copies are the 'misprint version', which is simply to do with a spelling error on the back of the sleeve. The title of the second Suicide File song is called 'Achtung! Landmine!', but the first word is incorrectly spelled as 'Acthung'.

Interestingly, I have 2 other copies of this 7" in the regular cover, and my blue & white swirl copy also has the same spelling error. But the white vinyl copy I own is different. Not only has the spelling mistake been corrected, but a second label's logo has been added:

I still listen to The Suicide File pretty regularly. They are genuinely one of the best bands of the post 2000 era in my opinion. I saw them play a couple of times towards the end of their life over here in the UK, but damn it would be good to see them kick it one more time.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

The Suicide File LP is so good and definitely not talked about enough. The rest of their catalogue is really good, too.