Saturday 20 March 2021

My Statement Of Life

It's been a while since I listened to a Morning Again 7". But recently I got offered a test press of one of their 7"s on Immigrant Sun Records, and I was really stoked about it, even though it's not much to look at.

'My Statement Of Life In A Dying World' was originally released in 1997. I remember buying one directly from the label back when it came out and being pretty excited about it at the time. Generally the late 90s is a bit of a blur to me when I think back, but I do vaguely remember feeling that Morning Again were getting better with every release, and that I was excited for this new record. It came in cool packaging and had interesting artwork, which I have pulled out for this next photo.

I always thought that Morning Again were never quite as big as they should have been. Their lyrics were very political and they were clearly an intelligent band. Maybe they were a little too intelligent to be properly appreciated by the usual fans of the genre they played? Of course, they got signed to Revelation after this 7" and brought out their only full length, but even for a Rev band it felt that they weren't quite as popular as other bands of the time. Maybe it was something to do with coming from Florida? I don't know. But I still have them on a bit of a pedestal to this day.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

great find! Awesome songs!