Saturday 13 March 2021

I Am An Impatient Boy

Another week and another colour vinyl repress that I can't resist. And neither can the rest of the world, or so it seems, as this sold out in about a day.

Fugazi's first self-titled release was originally put out back in 1988. And here we are in 2021 and it has been pressed onto colour vinyl for the first time. When I saw it go up for sale I figured that it would be cool to get one, but I wasn't quick enough. And then at the end of last week, a UK shop got a couple of copies in stock, so I grabbed one quicksmart. There's nothing like the likelihood of something not being available tomorrow to make me buy it today. Most of the time I hold off for as long as possible to avoind having to part with my hard earned money.

I have to hand it to Dischord, they at least get the concept of matching vinyl colour to artwork. I genuinely think that is a big part of the appeal for a lot of the people buying these recent represses.

Anyway, I recently watched the Fugazi film 'Instrument'. I'd neevr seen it before, and it was quite interesting. I think what hit me most was how 'punk' they were in the early days. I only ever saw them once, in (I think) 1994, and they seemed like a huge and musically talented band back then. But damn, I bet they would have been so much better live around the time of this record.

2 comments:

Willem RWHAF said...

Damn, I want this record, but didn't want through order through Dischord. Hope to find a copy here overseas as well...

Nico said...

I got a copy from an UK store too. 15 quid, not a bad deal.
Still have a copy waiting in the USA too.