Monday 29 March 2021

More Integrity Represses

There are times when I regret my conscious decision to collect Integrity records. The releases, reissues and represses are almost infinite and there are countless versions of each one. A few years ago I reached a point with it where it felt like I couldn't stop, and now it feels like I am on a train and there is no choice but to ride it until the end of the journey. So when another round of colours for the reissues of their earliest releases was announced a couple of years ago I literally couldn't face spending the money. There were too many to buy all at one go. Plus they were initially only available from one place. So I did what I often do and stalled, thinking that I would spend the money another day. And then a year or so later I panicked because I realised that some of them had sold out. So I then quickly bought the ones that were still available, and then managed to track down the ones that had sold out via distros... for which I then had to pay a higher price. Saving money by buying later rarely works out. I learnt this lesson years ago, yet still I fuck around trying to hold on to my hard earned money for as long as possible. Duh.

Well, these things are not overly exciting. I literally just bought them because they were made. So I'll just quickly run down them in the order that they were released...

First up is the debut full length, 'Those Who Fear Tomorrow' on two colours - orange vinyl (147) and clear red vinyl (190).

Next comes the second album, 'Systems Overload' on green. I don't know how many of these were made. There's also a purple, but despite ordering one of each I got sent two greens by mistake. So I have a spare green if anyone wants one?

Next is 'Humanity Is The Devil' on both baby blue vinyl (220) and white vinyl (342):

There were also two new colours of the 1997 classic 'Seasons In The Size Of Days', being red vinyl (118) and grey vinyl (352).

And finally, the double 'Den Of Iniquity' compilation. Again, two colours of this one, being blue with black swirl (120) and grey (328).

Sadly there were two other pressings from this series that I completely missed - the 'Humanity Is The Devil' remix 12" on clear vinyl, in either a red or a black sleeve. There were only about 70 of each made. No doubt I'll be chasing them for some time, when I could have just bought them. Ah well. There's an unwritten rule that I must have at least 20 Integrity records on my want list at all times. It helps to keep the game interesting.

No comments: