Tuesday 30 March 2021

Disinfect

I first picked a copy of the Green Rage 7" back in about 1994. At the time Earth Crisis were huge, and there were a lot of bands doing the same thing. Green Rage was one. But something about this 7" stood out more to me. It sounded like a raw version of Earth Crisis, and the rawness just made it sound more punk. I still play this 7" and these days will always choose it over an Earth Crisis 7" these days. I have owned a first press copy since pretty much when it came out. But I always knew there were several other versions. I never felt the need to collect them, but when a couple of them appeared on a list of stuff that someone was selling, I figured now was the time to start that collection... approximately 26 years after picking up my first copy.

So first up is this version in a green paper sleeve, where the word 'Disinfect' has been added to the front cover as if it's the title of the record (which it isn't). It comes on black vinyl and has different labels to the first pressing.

Then there's this red paper cover with the word 'vegan' on the front cover, as if it's the title of the record (which it isn't). This one also contains the exact same record on black vinyl as the version above.

I have no idea what order these came out nor how many of each were made. But it felt like what happened was that the label pressed a bunch and then handed the leftovers to Very distribution, who made up a bunch of different sleeves. Or maybe the label just handed everything over to Very and let them press the records? I have no idea if this is what happened or not. I am just speculating. But notice that the back cover of each no longer has the label address, just the name, and mentions that the 7" is now available through Very.

Anyway, there are more versions of this 7" available, so I'll see if I can collect those too I guess seeing as I am now three deep.

4 comments:

Mike said...

This is interesting as I've never heard Green Rage. I really didn't like anything that Earth Crisis did after Firestorm, and I imagined that all vegan straight edge bands at that time sounded like Destroy The Machines or something, so I avoided them. This post makes me want to finally check out this band.

Nico said...

The singer is the best part of this band, the vocals are so brutal.

inquisitive blogger said...

None of the records for Green Rage you have pictured or posted are first press. the cover was not xeroxed, it was a painting someone did.

mcs said...

Yup. Never said that any of the records pictured are first press. The first press I own is not pictured.