Sunday 11 August 2024

One (Ugly Ass) Wrench

Last year I saw a post from Fat Wreck announcing a colour vinyl repressing of Avail's fifth LP, 'One Wrench'. For some reason this LP totally passed me by, and it is the only Avail record that I do not own. So I figured this colour vinyl pressing was the perfect time to add this record to my collection and placed an order.

Sadly, at no point did I consider that 'colour vinyl' might mean 'the ugliest record ever made', but I guess that's how things are in the world of record collecting these days - the uglier the record, the more people seem to lap it up.

It's kinda tough for me to try to get into a 'new' Avail record in 2024. As much as I love their early records, this one doesn't quite feel that it has the same energy to me. But it certainly doesn't help that I want this thing out of my house ASAP.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Ha ha ha... I love this record, but the original black vinyl will be good enough for me, thanks.