Thursday 15 August 2024

Fade Tests

How time flies. Somehow it was almost 9 years ago that I went to see BURN play a big show in London (the one where someone sold a purple vinyl pressing of their first 7"). This show was where I first saw and heard the band Higher Power, and I also picked up a 7" by a band I had never heard of called Fade. I took a chance on a new release and it was great. Then over the years since I have continued to pick up various copies of the three different Fade 7"s, to the point where I have quite a few. I still listen to the band from time to time and enjoy their 90s influenced post hardcore vibe.

Well, a few weeks ago I got an email from discogs showing that there was a test press for sale for the third 7". There's beena copy on discogs for some time, but I felt that the price was too high. So when another one got listed at half the price, and which was being sold by someone I know, I got on the case. In the end we did a deal outside of discogs and I got the records a couple of days later.

When I mentioned I was interested, dude said he had another Fade test press and asked if I was interested. Of course I was. This is a test for the 'One With Serenity' 7" and is visually a little less interesting.

And as if that wasn't enough, he also had a copy of the final show sleeve version of the demo 7". I already have one of these, but the price was so low that it was almost free, so I grabbed that as well. When it came it had two copies of the 7" inside, which is clearly a mistake.

I figured that I would sell (or give) the above record to someone who may want it. So if you're interested, please get in touch. I just want it to go to a good home.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Great pick ups! Fade is such an underrated band and if they were a current band, they’d be huge!