Monday 12 August 2024

411

So I bought a record from someone on discogs and, as is the rule, I had a look to see what else the seller was offering. There wasn't much, but a 411 7" caught my eye. I never actually 'collected' the 411 7", in that I only have one copy, which I probably bought in about 1993 or so, but when I saw a 'pink' copy for sale I figured it was worth exploring. I was sure that there was no pink copy of this record, but given there was a discogs entry for it then I figured it must exist after all.

When it turned up I felt slightly cheated, as it looked pretty damn red to me.. However, given that I didn't already have the red vinyl, I figured I would keep it and not raise it as an issue with the seller.

Holding it up to the light, you could potentially make a case that this is actually pink. But I am pretty sure that if you placed this one next to a red vinyl copy, you would not be able to tell the difference.

Of course, picking up a second copy of this 7" after being happy with one copy for about 30 years means that I'll probably now decide I need the other colours too. Such is the way the game is played.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Yeah, I did a blog post back in 2012 for the "pink" copy that I'd bought off Tre from Deathwish. Interestingly enough, I also have the opaque red version, which has streaks of white through it, making it look more pink than the "pink" vinyl.