Wednesday 14 August 2024

From Hunk To Chunk

So Ray Cappo wrote a book that got published a couple of months ago. 'From Punk To Monk' probably talks about how he started as a straight edge kid in NYC and then ended up as a Krishna devotee in NYC. I saw 'probably' because Ray Cappo has never really been someone who has interested me much. Sure, I love Youth Of Today, Shelter, Better Than A Thousand but the man himself has never really appealed to me. I have stood next to him a couple of times and not had any interest in trying to talk to him. So I did not buy the book and have no plans to buy the book. But when Rev pressed a limited version of the best Shelter record to accompany the launch of the book, I was in.

This limited blue with black splatter vinyl pressing comes in a foldover sleeve with a different back cover, which is hand numbered out of 210 copies. I ended up with the last one, which is a pretty cool number to have I think.

There was also a new pressing on white vinyl, out of 550 copies. I figured I may as well grab one of those too to keep the collection complete.

I now somehow have 8 copies of this record in my collection. And the worst thing is that I'm not even sure if this represents a complete collection or not. I think I could be missing either one or two test pressings. I'm not sure.

No comments: