Saturday 10 August 2024

Eternal Torture

One of my favourite records of last year was the full length LP by Brain Tourniquet, a 'powerviolence' band from Washington, D.C. which features Connor from loads of bands (Protester, Red Death, etc.). A couple of weeks ago and I found out that they had a new split 7" that had just come out and that there were copies of the limited colour vinyl copies for sale at a UK distro, which makes things nice and easy. I couldn't decide on which colour to pick up as they are both as rare as each other, with 200 copies of each colour pressed, so I bought one of each thinking I could keep the one that looks nicest and sell the other. Except, of course, I'm clearly never going to sell either.

The record is a split with a band called Deliriant Nerve, who are a gridncore band, also from Washington D.C.

The colours for this record are either a solid pink or a clear green. Both look nice, and even though I do love pink vinyl, I think I prefer the clear green. But not, that does not mean I am going to sell the pink one I'm afraid.

Brain Tourniquet continue down the same path as before. There are ten songs on here, but it's all over in about 6 minutes. The Delirient Nerve side has 6 songs, which are on average slightly longer, but the side is also over in around 5 minutes. So if you like your songs hard and fast then this is the record for you.

And when I was adding these to the cart, I noticed that there was also a second pressinf of the '...An Expression Of Pain' LP on blue vinyl. This was pretty much my favourite record that came out in 2023, so tough to resist adding it to the order.

And as if buying one repress wasn't enough, I also got sucked into buying a second press of the debut Brain Tourniquet 7" on Painkiller Records on red vinyl.

I'm not so into the Delirient Nerve side of the split, but Brain Tourniquet are without doubt one of my favourite bands right now. I was about to say that I want more, and then I realised that there is a second 7" that they put out that I somehow completely missed, so at least I have something else I can chase.

No comments: