Monday 26 August 2024

Culture Of Death

Another of this year's new releases that I've been listening to these past couple of weeks is the latest album by Planet On A Chain. 'Culture Of Death' came out at the beginning of April this year, which came as a bit of a surprise as their previous album ('Boxed In') was only released 14 months prior, in February 2023. I'm not sure anyone saw this one coming so quickly after the last one.

This 'black, magenta & yellow swirl' vinyl is the RevHQ Exclusive and is limited to 330 copies. Even though I usually hate swirl vinyl, for some reason I don't find this one too bad.

There were also two other colours - clear yellow (exclusive to Armageddon records in the US and Devarishi Records in Germany) and which is actually the rarest colour (218 copies). The common colour is 'violet' (635 copies), which is still available.

At first I wasn't overly fussed by this record. Truth be told, it felt way too early to have another POAC record, and I felt that I wanted to listen to something else instead for a while before launching back into this band. However, the past couple of weeks I have been looking for some hardcore, and this has provided what I needed. Is it as good as the last record? Well, at first I would have said no, but now I'm not so sure. It's a good record for sure, and the one thing that's for sure is that its in the same ballpark. Yup, despite what the crazy font and artwork may suggest, nothing has changed, and this is a great 'no frills' fast hardcore record.

No comments: