Friday 19 July 2024

This Is All We Ever Get

I havent bought many new releases this year so far, but here's one that I have been listening to this past couple of weeks and I'm loving it. The band is called Spaced and the record is titled 'This Is All We Ever Get'. This is not a band I really knew anything about. I just bought it because it was a Rev release, so of course I bought all the different versions available.

The first copy I picked up was this 'coral' vinyl copy which was an exclusive to Generation Records in NYC and some UK distro called Devil Dog Records. I grabbed the Devil Dog version as it was easiest, which came with a fairly pointless obi strip.

I saw 'pointless' as it only seems to exist as an advert for Devil Dog Records distro. It has nothing else to do with the record really. In total there were 311 copies on this colour, of which Devil Dog ended up with 150 copies, and they are numbered on the back of the obi strip.

The other colours seem more suited to the artwork of the record. The blue is the retail exclusive (313 copies), violet is the Rev exclusive (309 copies), and green is the common colour (1064 copies).

I didn't even bother to listen to this band before I committed to buy 4 copies of it, which I guess a lot of people would find ridiculous. But I have no regrets, as this is a really great hardcore record. I think that this is without doubt the best release from a current Rev band. To me, this blows away Planet On A CHain and Big Laugh. The second song 'Big Picture' (of which one line of the lyrics is 'This Is All We Ever Get', which is where the record gets its title) is a stand out banger for me, but the whole record is really good. And with the eight songs being done in 16 minutes, and a couple of days ago as soon as it finished I put it back on again immediately, which is something thst I never ever do. It seems that they also have an earlier record, so clearly I am now going to have to track that down too.

1 comment:

NicoRevealed said...

Great album, really enjoyed it.