Sunday 28 July 2024

Can't Stop The Youth

A few years ago I realised that, whilst I would say that I don't feel that I 'collect' Youth Of Today records, I have managed to amass a lot of Youth Of Today records. I guess this is partly because I collect Revelation records and they just carry on pumping out the YOT represses, and I keep buying them. And here are yet more examples of

Well, one YOT record I have wanted for quite a few years is a first press, first mix copy of 'We're Not In This Alone'. I've never really chased one, but at some point in recent months one came up for sale so I figured the time was right to pick it up.

I also managed to plug one of the holes I was missing in my Rev colour vinyl collection. Back in 2015 'WNITA' was pressed on a solid red vinyl, and at the time I was starting to get irritated with the number of represses that Rev were cranking out so I ignored it. But in time I tried to pick up all of the records I had missed during the 2015/16 period, and the solid red WNITA eluded me. It just didn't seem to come up for sale. But then finally one appeared and I grabbed it quick.

Then earlier this year Rev repressed 'WNITA' yet again on two new, horrible looking colours. The rarer colour is 'red and white merge' (out of 330) and the common colour is 'custard' (out of 1,400). Both are pressed at a suck ass plant and feel cheap.

According to my spreadsheet, I now own 15 copies of 'WNITA', which seems crazy, especially as I am sure that there are probably still more that I don't have.

And to end this post, I also picked up the newest pressing of 'Break Down The Walls', which is on pink vinyl. I'm not sure how many of these were made. I don't think Rev published the number for some reason.

The spreadsheet shows that this is my 18th copy of this record, which seems nuts. And yes, there are definitely more copies of this record that I don't own, most notably the red vinyl Wishingwell press, which it feels like will elude me forever.

My total Youth Of Today count is now 70, which is pretty ridiculous for a band who only have 6 official releases (three LPs and three 7"s). And no doubt there will be more to come in the future.

No comments: