Saturday 27 July 2024

Lubricated Goat

Here's another couple of old Sub Pop 7"s that I've picked up this year, and they are both by a band with one of the greatest names of all time - Lubricated Goat.

Anyway, the first of the band's two 7"s on Sub Pop was released as SP65 in April 1990, and was the 18th release in the Sub Pop singles club. There were 3500 copies made, with 2000 on gold and the rest on black. I kinda wanted this record for years mainly because I like the weird cover art.

The second 7" came out three years later in February 1993 as SP193. I'm not sure how many were pressed,but they were all on red vinyl and it's pretty easy and cheap to obtain. As you can see, the front cover art isn't anywhere near as cool as the first 7".

I know next to nothing about this band. I read some stuff online and the main thing I picked up is that they were from Australia, and caused quite a controversy when they appeared on TV nude in 1988. Other than that, I have a memory from remember picking up the Tumor Circus LP back when it came out in 1992 and it had a hype sticker on the front mentioning that the band featured some dude named Charlie Tolnay from Lubrictaed Goat. At the time I remember thinking that Lubricated Goat was a great band name, so it's kinda interesting that I finally got around to listening to them over 30 years later.

No comments: