Monday 29 July 2024

An East Coast Split 7" 4 Round Slugfest!!!

Some of the things on my want list have been there for YEARS. I have always used my want list as a way of keeping track of what I want as I have always been after hundreds of records at any one time. I think a lot of people make up a small want list and then proactively chase the things on it as best they can. But I've always been patient and just picked things up as and when they appear, depending on price and whatever I might be most excited by at any time. But anyway, the point is that some things have been on my want list for a long time.

Back when Blood For Blood appeared on the scene in the late 90s, I was really into them. I loved the first couple of albums and the 7" on Victory. And at that point in time, I added the first 7" on clear vinyl and the split 7" with Hudson Falcons to my want list. And until recently, both records were still there, over twenty years later.

This thing came up for sale on discogs and I figured that the time was finally right to cross it from the list. And then as I was checking it out, it occurred to me that I don't think I had ever even seen it before. The clear vinyl was I believe limited to 100 copies, and it has continued to remain tough to find ever since it came out in 1999. The discogs numbers show that 29 people have it, and 158 people want it. There have been 6 copies sold on discogs, the earliest of which was in 2012. So on average one of these chaanges hands every 2 years.

The Blood For Blood side sounds as you would expect. The Hudson Falcons side sounds like not really my thing. But that's often how it is with these rarer items - it's not just about the music. And even though I haven't really thought much about Blood For Blood in the last couple of decades, I'm still really stoked to finally find one of these after all these years.

No comments: