Thursday 4 July 2024

Wrong

A couple of years ago I went through a pop punk faze, largely driven by nostalgia, but I discovered some relly great records. As a result, I also listened to Nomeansno for the first time in my life. Back when I was 16-17 I was into Dead Kennedys and some related bands like Lard and Tumor Circus, and I used to mailorder records and shirts from their UK office (which no longer exists). There were records that were easy to get back then and super cheap, but I was never interested, and in time they have become quite expensive. So when I heard Nomeansno a couple of years ago for the first time, I figured I would be able to pick up their records for bugger all, but sadly that's not how it works these days. Nothing is cheap. So when I got wind of a repress of the 'Wrong' LP that has just come out, I figured it would be good enough.

This record was originally on black vinyl only. It was pressed in both the States and also the UK / Europe in 1989, and I think (from memory) was still in print at least 4 years later. I imagine there are a lot of copies out there. But these days, like everything, it seems hard to find and is a lot more expensive than it should be.

It seems that Alternative Tentacles are repressing some of their classic records, and like every label these days, they are pressing up multiple colours of each one. And as much as I don't like reissues, the numbers don't lie. There are nearly 1,000 people on discogs who have the original US pressing of this record on their want list, and nearly 900 who want the UK pressing. This tells me that there are a lot of people who like this record and want to own a vinyl copy. So I figure this repress will sell quickly, especially the colour pressings. So I simply had to grab this right away.

If you've not heard Nomeansno before, then I would genuinely suggest changing that ASAP. This is such a funky, bass heavy record and is just a really good time. The songs 'Big Dick', 'Oh No! Bruno' and 'Rags And Bones' are absolutely fantastic and should be in everybody's collection, and I am very happy that after so many years they are finally in mine.

No comments: