Sunday 21 July 2024

Save Your Breath

After staying with Dave from Indecision Reocrds a couple of years ago, I made more of an effort to keep up with the label. It had dropped off of my radar for a few years, but I realised that Dave was still very active and trying his best to carry on putting out new records by new bands. One of his releases from last year that I picked up was a 12" titled 'Save Your Breath' by a band called In Time.

There are only 5 songs on this 12", and it runs for a total of about 8 minutes. Without a shadow of a doubt, this could have been a 7", but that's not really how things work in the 2020s I guess. So we get a 12" with the same 5 songs pressed on both sides. The records were pressed on 'eco mix' vinyl, so there is a lot of variation in the colour, from pink to purple to brown.

Anyway, In Time are a band from Venture County, CA and I mainly decided to grab this one based on the cover art. The hooded mosher character and black & white artwork just brings to mind old style straight edge hardcore. I'm not actually sure if this band is straight edge or not, but it kinda sounds like that type of sound, with typical sxe lyrics. If I was looking for a reference, then I'd say that this reminds me of Floorpunch.

Overall a cool record, but really would have felt better if this was a 7" not a 12" as it really is very short.

No comments: