Wednesday 31 July 2024

Abrasion

Trying to keep up with Indecision Records isn't easy these days. It took the label about 25 years to reach 100 releases, and in the 7 years or so since, there have been another 80 or so. That's basically a new release every month for seven years which is, as I said, a lot to try to keep up with. I have by no means kept up with everything, but there are a few things that I have devoted some time to.

Last year there was a 12" EP put out by a band called Abrasion. They hail from California and feature the singer of Dare on vocals. I was interested enough to check them out, and on that particular day I was definitely in the mood for some heavy metallic hardcore, because when I heard it I was all in after about ten seconds and clicking away to buy a copy.

'Born To Be Betrayed' came out a couple of years ago and is a 5 song 12". It was pressed on both purple vinyl and 'red' vinyl. I opted for the red as I figured it would go best with the cover art, althouh when it turned up it turned out to be orange. But hey, who cares right?

As I was adding it to my cart I couldn't help but notice that there was also a 7", so I grabbed one of those too. As used to be the case in yers gone by, the band started out in 2020 by releasing a 7" EP, imaginatively titled 'Demonstration'.

There were 3 different colours of this one, but (again) I went for the one that I thought went best with the artwork. And I have to say it, but this blue marble colour looks reallu, really nice. I guess that's what happens when you use a proper pressing plant.

I'm not sure that this band seems particularly well known, especialy outside of California. But if you're into the heavier end of hardcore (ballpark Disembodied Throwdown) then this could be right up your alley.

No comments: