Tuesday 4 May 2021

Of Sorrow Black And Deep

Back in February I picked up two Rot In Hell 7" test presses, and it made me want to catch up on some of their releases that I had missed. There were 3 releases that I had missed, and I have decided to break them into separate posts, otherwise one post would be too long.

I'm starting with a 12" titled 'Of Sorrow Black And Deep'. I believe that this was originally released as a cassette back in 2015, and it was then pressed onto vinyl in 2018. I think that all copies were on white vinyl, although not sure exactly how many copies were made.

This release is a live record and features 8 songs, of which 3 songs had been previously released on the split 12" with Psywarfare that came out back in 2013, 2 songs were released on the split 7" with Horders from 2011, and 3 songs were later released on the 'A Thick Rope And A Strong Branch' LP. So it's almost a 'best of' this acoustic, folk side of the band. And even though it is a live record, the sound quality is top notch.

I have always loved this side of the band. I have undoubtedly listened to the acoustic songs more than the hardcore songs. But I still think that they should have recorded and released this stuff under a different name. It's basically two bands for the price of one, but no doubt confusing for some listeners.

No comments: