Wednesday 19 May 2021

Roses For Me

Another limited colour repress from It's Alive Records. This one is the Unity 'Blood Days' 7". This is a slightly weird release. It came out in 2012, and contains 6 songs from the 'Blood Days' LP that was released back in 1989. I never really understood why this 7" was pressed. When it came out I assumed it was a different recording, like demo versions or possibly a remix or something. But the songs sound exactly the same as those on the 12". So I asked the label owner Fred, who told me that he just wanted to release the extra songs from the 12" on a 7". This basically means that you can own all of the songs from the Unity LP on 7" format.

As with other It's Alive represses, this one comes in some great packaging. Just like the Rain On The Parade 7" from my last post, this comes in a paper inner sleeve that has been printed (or possibly stamped) on both sides. The record itself is on white vinyl.

There are also a few extra bits and bobs. An extra insert, a couple of stickers and an extra label.

I hadn't listened to Unity for a while, so this was a good excuse to revisit. These are really classic songs. It's such a difficult decision trying to choose between Unity and Uniform Choice. Generally I think that UC get a lot more attention, but there's very little in it for me. I think UC get the attention because their record came out on Wishwingwell and features an iconic cover. But Unity certainly have the songs. And the cowboy boots.

1 comment:

Nico said...

Pretty cool release with all those extra's.