Friday 14 May 2021

Sweep It Into Space

A new Dinosaur Jr album is always something I get excited by. I've been listening to the band since I first heard them on an old skate video in 1990. Sure, they broke up at some point towards the end of the 90s for ten years or so, but then they got back together in 2007 and every record since has been great. This latest one is called 'Sweep It Into Space'. It came out last month and it's pretty much all that I have played for the last 3 weeks.

Because I am generally out of touch, I didn't even know that this was coming out. I actually saw a post of the record that someone made, thought to myself 'what the hell is this? and then did some research. Turns out it had been up for preorder for some time (no idea how long) and pretty much all of the colour vinyl versions had sold out before it had even hit the streets. So I did nothing. But when pictures of the records started to surface on the many colours of vinyl, there was one in particular that caught my eye. So I went straight to discogs and bought one.

I have no idea how many colours exist of this record, but as far as I can tell this one is the most limited. This colour is exclusive to some 'record club' type thing called Secretly Society. I think you pay a subscription and get sent a record every month. I'm not really sure how these types of things manage to get exclusive colours made just for them, but whatever. It's a cool colour.

This is definitely a great record. I was a really big fan of the last album that came out in 2016, and this one is in a very similar vein. I feel half tempted to pick up a couple of other colours, but it feels there are too many and getting sucked in could be too much of a risk. So right now I'm happy to stick with just the one copy of this one

3 comments:

Mike said...

Secretly Society is Secretly Canadians club, they have some of the same owners as Jagjaguwar.

Jazz said...

Yeah same label

mcs said...

Thanks, guys. I had no idea.