Monday 31 May 2021

Blut & Schweiß

The life of a Revelation collector is never easy. Right now there's a new release (or repress) every single week, plus there are new releases coming out with several versions of each. But every now and again they make it really hard to keep up.

A few months ago there was a special version of the Sick Of It All 7" to accompany a book about the Koller brothers. Both Coretex and Generation Records got copies, with 100 of each made and hand numbered. Each version sold out lightning fast, and I saw a lot of people who had wanted one but missed out complaining online. Well, a few weeks ago the same thing happened again, but this time the Rev record collecting community was also caught sleeping and missed out. The latest version was a special edition sold by Coretex Records (again) to accompany a German version of the book. Only 100 copies of the 7" were made on this new colour of vinyl with the limited labels showing the Koller brothers as kids. There was no announcement on this one, and nobody I know had a clue it was coming. It was announecd in an email from Coretex, and it sold out instantly.

Like everyone else, I missed out, but I got an opportunity to pick one up on the 'after sales market'.

I also got the German version of the book that it came with. I'm happy about this because without the book it would have felt incomplete, even though I won't ever read it. The 7" itself is on 'bone' colour vinyl, which is very slightly off white colour.

And as ever with these Coretex versions, this is numbered out of 100 via a sticker that has been slapped onto the sleeve.

One thing that was instantly noticeable is that the German version of the book is smaller than the English version. It's shorter and also thinner too. At first I thought that maybe the German language is just more efficient with the number of letters in it's words, but then I realised that it was simply that it was printed with a smaller font.

To end the post I thought I'd just put the two different 7"s and books together for pic.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with these in the future. Will they become highly sought after, or will nobody care as there are about 50 other versions of thie 7" to collect? Personally I now think that there are too many versions of this record and that it has / will put people off collecting it. But right now I'm pretty happy to have both of these in my collection as I doubt that any of these will surface for sale at a good price in the near future.

1 comment:

xtinox said...

Believe me, the german language is never more efficient with the number of words or letters compared to others. Never! Haha!