Wednesday 28 April 2021

PHC Blues

Last year I spent 9 months working at home, and kinda got into buying cheap records from within the UK. I found that cheap records were every bit as satisfying as expensive ones, if not more so due to the added satisfaction of not spending much money. One of the records I picked up was the PHC 7" on New Beginning Records. I found two really cheap copies, one on purple vinyl and one on grey. So of course, I then decided to keep an eye out for any other copies, and recently a blue copy surfaced.

Apparently there were only about 25 copies made on this colour, and on the other colours I picked up. The most common colour happens to be the one that I don't have (clear yellow), which seems to be the easiest to find but also somehow is the most expensive. Ah... gotta love discogs prices!

So yeah, I now have 3 different colours of this one. Kinda typical move for me here. If I see a 7" I don't own I figure I may as well buy it, especially if it's cheap. Good job I have a bit of space in my house.

So now I want a clear yellow copy, but not enough to buy one of the 3 copies currently for sale on discogs. If anyone happens to have one and want to trade then get at me. Oh yeah, and I also want a copy of the LP too, which is also not exactly cheap despite there being no limited colour vinyl pressing. If there's one thing I have though, it's patience. So I'm sure these will come eventually.

No comments: