Sunday 16 May 2021

Another Scrap

I'm not sure how many people out there are still collecting Dead By 23 releases in 2021, but I'm sure I can't be the only one. There are a small number of releases, but an endless number of versions of each. Like a lot of things that I collect, I don't actively go out there and try to find them, but I'm happy to pick them up if they appear. The last time I picked up a Scraps & Heart Attacks 7" was in November 2016, and I ended my post with these words:

I know of at least two other versions out there that I don't have. I know they exist because I saw them sell on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately they sold for stupid amounts of money. God only knows how long it may be until more copies surface for sale.

Well, the answer to the question appears to be 'about four and a half years'. A couple of weeks ago I found a 7" on discogs that I wanted so (as usual) decided to check out what else the seller had up for grabs to make the shipping cost worthwhile, and I noticed he had one of the copies of this 7" that I was missing. I even bought it without asking for a photo, which after I had paid and it was in transit, I suddenly realised could have been a major mistake. Fortunately it worked out ok.

I have no idea what the pressing info is on this 7", but discogs suggests that there were 38 copies of this one, and it was a pre-order version. It has the exact same artwork as the test press, and he cover is printed with gold ink that looks great. I think all in, this is the best looking version of this record that I own.

So of course, the it's time for an updated photo of all the versions of this one. I now own 8 copies. I think there's only really one more that I could hope to get, other than that there are some one offs but they don't really count.

This 7" was released in 2003, so on average I have picked up one every two years and a quarter years. But what's even funnier is that I have literally just found out today that they actually released a full length that was CD only, on Triple Crown Records. Makes me wonder how many other CD only releases from this period that I may have completely missed out on. Soulseek to the rescue...

No comments: