Friday 21 May 2021

It's Only Fun Till Someone Gets Hurt!

Another in my series of It's Alive Records limited colour vinyl represses, and this one was (I think) the first in the series. This is a split release between Good Riddance and Ill Repute. The record was first released back in 1997, but I had literally no idea that the record existed at all until this repress appeared. And also, I can honestly saw that until I picked this up I had never heard Ill Repute in my life.

I guess with this being the first repress in the series, Fred was finding his feet with what he could do with the packaging. This one doesn't quite have as much included as the other couple of represses that I have already featured, but it's still got some cool little features. It starts off with a stamped and hand numbered paper inner sleeve:

The record itself is on brown vinyl. Oh yeah, and the cover art is completely different to the 1997 pressing.

The inside of the sleeve has some cool It's Alive stamps, and there are a couple of inserts. But compared to the other releases on the label, this one seems pretty minimal and tame.

The best thing about this record for me is the Ill Repute side. I'd never been interested in the band before as I just perceived them to be some old punk band, but I have really enjoyed these songs enough to make me want to listen to more.

No comments: