Saturday 9 January 2021

More Rev Classic Represses

Even though I kinda stopped with the Rev represses some time ago, there are some classic records I can't resist buying additional copies of. A couple of these aren't that new, but it took me a while to get around to picking them up.

Gorillw Biscuits 'Start Today' LP on blue vinyl. This was pressed in 2019 and there were 2,014 copies pressed. This is the fourth colour of this record on Rev (after purple, red and glow in the dark), but it seems it is probably the nicest looking. It matches the cover nicely.

Judge 'Bringin' It Down' LP on clear blue vinyl. This one was also pressed in 2019, and is out of 548 copies. This is the sixth colour of this LP on Rev, after green, orange, purple, gold and red. And again, I think that this clear blue seems aquite apt when laid next to the cover.

Youth Of Today 'We're Not In This Alone' LP on clear green vinyl. This was pressed last year (2020). I've lost count of how many colours of this LP Rev have pressed, although checking the pressing info it seems that this is the 8th colour. I'm pretty sure I am missing one of the colours of this one, although not sure which. I should probably figure that out at some point. Anyway, fun fact about this particular pressing - this clear green record was the last piece of vinyl pressed for Rev at the pressing plant that they had been using since about 1990, Rainbo. After this, things have been pressed at different pressing plants.

And finally, Youth Of Today 'Can't Close My Eyes' 12" on maroon vinyl. This is the eigth colour of this record (excluding all of the variations of the 'purple' vinyl pressing). This one was pressed in 2020 at whatever new plant Rev now use. I have no idea how many were made.

No comments: