Wednesday 20 January 2021

Always Bet On Black

For a while now I have been thinking about picking up some black vinyl Revelation 7"s. Some of the classic releases have now been pressed on several colours of vinyl, and I started to feel that I should also have a first press black vinyl copy too of the early 7"s. I was intent on only picking up the first press copies though, which might not be too easy to identify without pictures, especially on discogs where there are a lot of idiots. Anyway, I got the opportunity to pick up some in one go from a trusted collector. It seemed like the right time to grab these. Nothing too exciting going on here, but somehow I think they look kinda cool together.

Bold 's/t' 7" (Rev 11). 3900 on black vinyl.

Slipknot 's/t' 7" (Rev 13). 3500 black vinyl. This one had a bright orange price sticker on the front, which I chose to remove. Sadly it caused a little damage, although it still looks better than it did before with the sticker.

Judge 'New York Crew' 7" (Rev 14). 4000 on black vinyl.

Quicksand 's/t' 7" (Rev 18). 5000 black vinyl. This copy is definitely a first press, whihc is good as I wanted to make sure I avoided want one of the later black pressings with a glossy sleeve, or a flimsy thin sleeve.

There are a few more of these that I'm looking for. Inside Out, Burn, Burn 'Last Great Sea', Youth of Today and Judge 'The Storm'. I'm sure I'll get them at some point. And then that will be the end of that. If anyone wants to help then that would be cool. Let me know.

3 comments:

nico said...

wait what? Black vinyl?

Ralf said...

Haha, I said the same thing @nico.

Willem RWHAF said...

Looking at those numbers I am surprised that there were so many copies pressed in black for a first pressing by Revelation Records! Now wondering how long their stock lasted with those amounts, until more pressings came?