Sunday 17 January 2021

Space To Breathe

I bought some records from a dude this week that was selling his 7" collection. Nothing totally mind blowing, but some cool items, and the prices were ok too. I figured I'd break the lot into a few posts to spread it out, so I'm starting today with the debut vinyl release by Higher Power. I first heard of this band when they played with Burn in London in 2015, and a couple of months later I picked up their 7". And then in the years since, they have gone on to do pretty well for themselves.

Anyway, I decided to pick up some extra copies of the 7", just because I could. I mean, wouldn't you if you had the chance? This wasn't exactly pressed in huge quantities. The purple vinyl was part of the first press, and was out of 125 copies.

The next two copies were both part of the second pressing, and both out of only 50 copies:

And this here is exactly why I am so bad at collecting records. I didn't set out to collect this 7", but I saw these copies for sale and thought 'yeah, it'd be cool to own those' and then I realise that there are another couple of colours that I don't have, and I start thinking that I should go after those too... and all just because a couple of copies popped up on a list of shit for sale. That said, it is a pretty nice looking little 7". There are worse things I could spend money on.

Also, talk about crazy coincidences, but I searched back in time to find my first post about this record, and it turns out that I originally posted about this record 5 years ago TO THE DAY, on 17 January 2016. Not only that, but in 2015 the 17 January was a Sunday, and today it's also a Sunday. Amazing!

No comments: