Wednesday 27 January 2021

Be Here Now

Two years ago I went to the States for the first time, and enjoyed experiencing a few record stores, where I learnt that the 7" sections were where it's at. I managed to pick up a bundle of 7"s for cheaper than I could have ever bought them otherwise, mainly due to low prices and no postage. In a couple of different shops I picked up 3 different copies of the Peace 7" that was released by React! records back in 2012. I think I had gone off React! by the time that 7" was released as it felt that the quality of bands had taken a dip. But at some point someone sent me a black vinyl copy for free and I realised that I had been silly to ignore it. The band featured the singer from The First Step, which I think is one of the best straight edge bands of the 21st century, and sounded pretty similar too.

Anyway, the most limited colour vinyl that was pressed was the gold vinyl, of which there were 100 copies. I'm not exactly sure what happened with those, but last year a bunch of copies were 'discovered' and sold in the Praise big cartel store for new release price. So I grabbed a gold copy to complete my colour vinyl collection for this 7".

I got the other copies out for a group photo just because I was in the mood to take photos. I ended up with two white copies because one came in a limited cover which I bought after I'd already picked up the regular white version.

When I added this to my collection in discogs I got briefly excited by the fact that there was a promo CD listed on there for an unreleased album. But it was pretty obvious that this is actually a release for a different band that has been listed in the wrong place. Man, I hate discogs sometimes.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice! I love this record!