Friday 15 January 2021

Palm Sunday 2020

Another Integrity repress came about at the back end of last year. 'Palm Sunday' is a live LP of a show that took place in Cleveland in 1992. It was originally put out on vinyl on a UK label (Aurora Borealis) in 2006. It was then reissued on Organized Crime Records in 2012 with new artwork, and on 3 different colours of vinyl. And after being out of print for 8 years or so, Organized Crime have pressed some more copies, so I had to pick them up, because that's how the game is played.

There were two colours pressed. The most limited colour is clear vinyl with some splatters in it. It comes in a limited sleeve numbered out of 111 copies.

The more common colour is a bright green vinyl, although it's not exactly that common. There were only 250 copies made of this one.

So this is where the story then gets interesting, or possibly annoying. As usual, I managed to get a test press that Dwid sold in a hand made sleeve. I was prety happy with it, and I think the cover is pretty cool looking:

But then one night, as I was about to go to bed, Organized Crime posted up that they had just put up some ultra limited test press in their online store. Apparently the pressing plant also sent a few test presses on a clear vinyl, which the label had not ordered, so Clint made up a sleeve for them and put them up for sale. There were only 9 copies made, so I was super lucky to get one. Right time, right place.

This one comes in a black paper sleeve which has an orange skull logo in the corner. It looks great.

The only slight catch was that the only way that you could buy this rare test press was to buy it in a bundle with the green vinyl test press... which I already had. So I bought it, thinking I could just sell the spare green one to recover some of the money, but then when it came it was in a different sleeve to the one I got from Dwid, which kinda makes it a different record altogether.

It also features the skull logo on the black paper sleeve, but this time in green, which to me looks even cooler than the orange one.

So that's the story of how I ended up getting suckered into buying 3 different tests of the same record.

No comments: