Sunday 11 October 2020

Clear Blue Six Pack

It's been 3.5 years since I last added a Black Flag record to my collection. It was a copy of a 7" that I already had, but with a different sized hole. Prior to that variant that I didn't know about, it the previous last FLag record I had picked up was a baby blue vinyl copy of the 'Six Pack' 7" back in October 2015. At the end of that post, I wrote this:

I'm now only one 7" away from a complete colour 7" collection. The last one I need, however, seems to be stupidly rare. I only know that it exists as a fellow collector emailed me a picture which he had grabbed from popsike. It's the 'Six Pack' 7" (again!) on clear blue.

Well, somehow it took 5 years, but a clear blue 'Six Pack' finally made it's way into my house yesterday. Here it is:

I have no idea how many of these exist, but it definitely feels like it is the rarest of all the colour vinyl Black Flag 7"s. In all of the time I have been collecting them, I have only seen this one for sale once (well, technically twice, although both times by the same person). I ended up paying about double what I would have been happy to pay, but sometimes you have to pay more to end the hunt and regain your sanity. Plus the seller is a fellow UK Black Flag collector, so it was good to help him out.

I was relatively late to collecting the colour Black FLag 7"s, with the first one I picked up being in 2008, and here I am in 2020 adding what I believe to be the last of them to the collection. It seems crazy to think that collecting all of the 12"s took me 6 years from start to finish, but the 7"s took double that time.

1 comment:

Nico said...

Congrats! Husker Du coloured collection up next?