Sunday 18 October 2020

Red With Black Swirl Death

Back in 2015 I picked up the debut LP from Red Death, 'Permanent Exile'. At that time I really enjoyed that LP, and even though I got lucky and had a friend help me out by getting me a copy of the record release version, I still wanted a colour vinyl copy. Well, 5 years later and it finally happened. I found a copy selling for a good price recently, so scooped it quicksmart.

This copy is the US pressing on Grave Mistake Records, and apparently there were 219 copies on red vinyl. This copy seems to be a quirky copy with some nice black swirls within the red vinyl, which looks pretty cool.

After picking this up and listening to it again, I've realised that there are two albums after this one that I haven't heard. The second one I avoided because it came out on Triple B, and it also appears that a thid one came out in 2019 on Century Media that I knew nothing about. Feels like I need to do some catching up on this band pretty soon.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice score. Funny enough, I was just listening to their newest album earlier this morning. Decent enough, but I'm still on the fence if I want to buy a copy of it or not...