Friday 9 October 2020

Anti Social Straight Edge

It seems like only a couple of years since Violent Reaction was the hot new band. In reality it was 7 years ago, in 2013, when I picked up their debut 7". After that the put out an LP on Painkiller Records, then got picked up Revelation and put out another LP two years later, and then a couple more years down the line they decided to call it quits. The last show took place on 21 January 2017 in London, and there was a 7" with a special cover made for the event.

The record is a regular copy of the Australian pressing of the 'Dead End' 7" that was put out on Rain On The Parade Records, with an additional cover wrapped around it. The dust sleeve is stamped and numbered (although not actually numbered) out of 50 copies.

It's kinda funny how I have now picked up two more Violent Reaction records this year. I was checking out discogs and it kinda blows my mind how many different pressings there are of their records. Collecting everything this band put out could take a lot of time. I don't think I have the energy for it, although I'd like tests of the two full lengths if anyone has any leads.

No comments: