Wednesday 21 October 2020

Keep Never Changing

Installment 2 of my recent haul from a friend who has decided to sell his collection. Today's post is two copies of an album that I initially didn't rate too highly, but which over the years grew on me. The third album by The Movielife, 'Forty Hour Train Back To Penn'. This album came out in 2003, and I clearly remember ordering it when it came out from the label. I got a marble green vinyl copy back then, but I don't remember there being any choice of vinyl colour other than green or black. But some years down the line, I found out that there was also a white vinyl version, which was apparently much more limited than the green. So when given the chance to grab one, I couldn't resist.

Well, if I was tempted by the white vinyl, I simply could not resist the test press. I was actually surprised that this one was up for grabs, but given it was I didn't want to miss out, despite the fact that it doesn't come in anything other than a white paper sleeve. Apparently only 8 copies exist.

So not much else to say on this one. But given I was taking photos of 2 copies, I figured I may as well get the other copy out for a group shot. And damn, how nice is that marble green colour?

It's also worth mentioning that this album was repressed a few years later (in 2014) on a different label on 3 different colours of vinyl. I'd probably give them a home if someone was giving them away for free, but given that is not going to happen, I'm more than happy with this little collection as it is.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I haven't listened to this band in forever. Going to have to give them a spin!