Tuesday 20 October 2020

Out Of Business

I recently bought a bunch of records from a friend who had decided that it was time to let his collection go. It's always sad to see people bow out of the game, but I always respect people's decisions on these things. And as much as I would like to see people keep their collections and keep going, if their decision is to quit then I'm happy to help them out by scooping up a few gems. So I picked up a nice haul of 24 records, and thought I'd post them up here in batches rather than in one or two posts.

Day 1, and I thought I'd start with a couple of Capital records. Capital is one of those bands that I don't listen to enough. Every time I listen to them I wonder why I don't listen to them more often, because every time I do listen to them I think 'this band is great'. The first record is a test press of the first full length, 'Signal Corps'. I actually had one of these in a parcel that went missing in the mail in 2016. So it's nice to finally get a replacement.

This one doesn't come with anything other than a white paper sleeve, so I pulled out the regular sleeve just for a more interesting photo.

The second Capital record is a copy of the 'Blind Faith' 7" with a release show sleeve. I've always been a fan of nice, simple designs, and this one looks great.

This one is numbered out of 50 copies in the bottom of the sleeve, although it's written pretty small, so not sure it shows up too well in this pic. In total there were 100 copies on white vinyl, so I assume 50 come in this sleeve and 50 in the regular sleeve.

So that's the first couple of records from the batch, and I have 22 more to get through. I'm hoping to cover the rest of the stuff I picked up in daily posts from now until they're all done. It will probably take about 10 posts to do it justice and I'm aiming to do one a day from now until then end.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That is a great looking cover for the 7 inch.