Sunday 27 August 2023

Without Words

What I know about Stop And Think I could write on the back of a postage stamp. It was a band from Boston active around the start of the century. They recorded two different demos (released on tape) and that was it. A year or so later both demos were compiled onto a 12" record that was a joint release between two young labels of the day - Painkiller Records and Lockin' Out Records.

I remember seeing this for sale by a distro back when it came out and ignoring it. There were a bunch of copies and all were on black vinyl, which I figured at the time was boring. A little later I learnt that there were no colour vinyl copies, but that there was a version in a limited sleeve, which I managed to get back then. And then at some point in the last few years I decided that I kinda wanted the regular version. So when one showed up recently from a UK seller at a very fair price, I made a move.

This is such a great record. Some of the guys from this band went on to other great bands of the early 00s era, such as Righteous Jams, Step Forward, Mind Eraser etc. Such a shame this band didn't hang around a little longer, and leave us with another record or two, because they were absolutely one of the best Boston straight edge bands there were.

No comments: