Friday 11 August 2023

Home Truths

A couple of months ago Mike posted about the debut release from The Living Memories and, quite rarely for him, didn't give it a particularly favourable write up. To quote his post:

'I imagine that this is what two older hardcore dudes that are super into The Smiths and wanted to do something similar would sound like.'

This sentence peaked my interest so I rushed to their bandcamp to check it out, where I realised within about 20 seconds was that this was going to be something that I'd be into.

Given Mike wasn't overly excited by the record, I offered him a chance to recoup his money by selling it to me, and then he faxed it right on over to me.

This seems to have been pressed by the band themselves and isn't exactly easy to get hold of. It looks like the only place you can buy it is dire tly from their bandcamp page, and there is still the choice of two colours of vinyl. The clear is the more limited colour, out of 100 copies and looks great.

The band features two dudes who were previously in from The First Step, but don't let that fool you, as this band sounds nothing like The First Step whatsoever. But if you're into crap like The Smiths, Ride, and other stuff like that then this is the record for you. My only complaint is that there are only 6 songs on here, and its over in 20 minutes. After listening to this one twice a day for the last month or so, I can safely say that this is one of the best things that I have heard this year. And with these songs now being over 18 months old, I'm really hoping that they will bring out something new in the near future.

2 comments:

Ralf said...

I had to go to Mike‘s blog and read the entry to understand the reference to using a fax machine in 2023.

Mike said...

Ha ha... bonus point for referencing the comment exchange that even I had forgotten about. Glad that someone likes this record!