Monday 7 August 2023

Hot Bodi Gram

I got into Soulside in 2018. I first heard the band back in 1993 or 1994 when I sold some dude's record collection, and I listened to a bunch of the records that he had, a lot of which were Dischord releases that I didn't appreciate at the time. Looking back, I was 18 or 19, just discovering straight edge hardcore, and I was mainly interested in faster or harder stuff... although that isn't quite true as I got into a lot of varied stuff back then.

ANyway, I wasn't into Soulside when I gave them a chance in the early 90s, but I tried again in 2018 and I got into it. I would have thought that if I had done the same about 5 years sooner then no doubt I could have picked up their records for cheap. But the way things are these days, everything is expensive, so it's taken a while to grab their 3rd LP, 'Hot Bodi Gram'.

This was released by Dischord back in 1989, with all copies pressed on black vinyl. There may well have been more than one pressing, but I have no idea, and if this is the case then there seems to be no difference between them.

I have been wanting to pick up this record for the last few years, but couldn't find one for a good price. And then eventually, a couple of weeks ago, I found a copy on ebay UK which was listed as an auction starting at £0.99. So I watched it for a few days and bid in the last few seconds, and won it for just over £7 (plus postage). There aren't too many bargains to be had these days, but I've had a few recently on eBay, which I assume is because 90%+ of record enthusiasts now use discogs pretty much exclusively. Lazy sods.

I still need two more Soulside LPs, and I have no doubt that I will eventually get them for a good price. Eventually.

1 comment:

Nico said...

The second album should be easy and cheap, the first album will be a lot more expensive.