Sunday 13 August 2023

Tomorrow Never Comes

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from some record shop telling me that they were having a weekend sale. I have only bought one thing from this shop before and of course ended up on some bullshit mailing list. Well, I figured I'd check out their sale, and after scrolling through about three pages of junk, I found one item that half tempted me - the latest Rancid LP, 'Tmorrow Never Comes'.

I used to love Rancid back in the day, but the last record of theirs that I bought was the self titled LP that came out in the year 2000. I really liked that record back then, but I gave up on them after that, and haven't really thought too much about them since. But in recent months I'd seen a few people post their new LP and say that it was their best in a long time. So it was on my radar and my curiosity was peaked. I checked around online and saw that the price that this was selling at was really good, and I made the decision to pick up a copy.

This one comes on 'eco mix' vinyl, which basically means the colours are random. Mine comes on this pretty cool looking dark green marble colour, which I think looks better than most of the standard colours of this one that I have seen.

Listening to this for the last couple of weeks and it's as if I've just jumpred back in time 23 years or so. This sounds just like the Rancid I remember, and fortunately there aren't any ska or reggae songs on here. Just a solid punk record. Definitely an enjoyable summer record, not that the weather the last few weeks feels remotely summerlike.

No comments: