Sunday 26 February 2023

Punk As Fuck

Another trip aboard the repress train that I couldn't pass up. When this one went up for preorder I jumped on it immediately. Down By Law's 'Punkrockacademyfightsong' LP came out in 1994 and I remember it like it were yesterday. I absolutely loved this record when it was released and can still sing pretty much every word. But back then Epitaph Records didn't do colour vinyl so all copies came on black. But for some reason in 2022 they decided to press it again on purple.

This seems for me a really strange choice to repress in this day and age. I mean, does anyone really care about Down By Law still? And why this one? Is this somehow their most popular record and I never knew it? Too many questions. But I just checked and it seems that this is still available to buy. Given the speed with which most records sell out these days, I can only assume that the answer to my first question is 'no'.

No comments: