Sunday 29 December 2019

Tied Down

I picked this 7" up months ago, in March I think. I tried to take photos of this one on three separate occasions, and each time they came out looking really washed out.

TIED DOWN come from the north east of England, and feature some dudes who have played in a few different bands over the decades. They play old school hardcore that doesn't really bring to mind any other single band, but if you think of Boston and New York bands from the 80s with lyrics full of anger and hate, then you're in the right ballpark.

This is really good stuff with great artwork, and I was lucky enough to pick up what I think is a complete collection.

First, the limited green vinyl pressing. This comes in the regular sleeve and is out of 110 copies.

I also grabbed the regular black vinyl which I believe is out of 390.

There were also 25 copies sold in a limited sleeve at Sweatfest back in February. I didn't go to the show, but managed to get one anyway by some miracle. According to the labels of the record, I scored number 14/25.

However, according to the sleeve, I got 'unlucky' number 13/25.

Not sure what happened there exactly, but if someone has record number 13 and sleeve number 14 and wants to swap then I'd be up for that.

Now, here's where it gets interesting, because the records sold in the Sweatfest covers are test pressings. You can tell from the labels. I've seen these labels on tests before. Lins (the 'singer' of the band) also told me that the Sweatfest copies were the tests. However, I also managed to pick up a test press in a different sleeve.

I also find it interesting that the Sweatfest copies were numbered, but the test pressings are not. I mean, surely there are fewer in this cover, right?

I saw the band play towards the end of the year supporting Judge and they were pretty tight live. They have a split 7" coming out next year and then who knows. Hopefully a full length if we're lucky.

Anyway, you can still pick up the black copy from the label HERE. The other copies are long gone.

No comments: