Monday 20 February 2023

A Drop Of Patience

It seems like a couple of years ago, but somehow it was ten years ago, that I picked up a couple of colour vinyl copies of a repress of the Absolution 7". At the time I was trying to cut back on represses, but then I found out that the record was actually a re-recording of the 7" rather than a repress, so that made me feel better about wasting my money. And then a while ago I saw another couple of colours for sale on eBay. I wasn't sure what was going on, but it turns out there was a second press with two more colours, and I got sucked into buying these as well.

The green vinyl is the more limited colour, out of 150 copies. The paper sleeve is also stamped with the Absolution logo in green ink to match the record.

The clear vinyl is the more common second press colour out of 400 copies. As is always the case with clear vinyl, it looks great.

It's kinda funny, but I own one copy of the original pressing of this record, and now 4 copies of the re-recorded version. Admittedly the new recording sounds a lot better but still, it feels a bit back to front.

Shown above are the first press copies (gold/60, purple/150) and the second press colours (green/150, clear/400). I don't think the label's site exists anymore, so no idea where anyone coule try to buy this other than eBay. The label has an instagram which is full of weird pictures of stuff that makes it look nothing like a label that has released some hardcore records. Peep it yourself. Weird huh?

No comments: