Wednesday 22 February 2023

Repeater

So I will admit right up front that I've never really been a huge Fugazi fan. Back in the early 90s I picked up their first couple of records and thought that they were ok. But they weren't exactly a life changing band for me. Far from it. I remember buying 'End Hits' when it came out and thinking it was really boring and I sold it again. Anyway, by far my favourite of their full length records is the first one, 'Repeater'. This was the first Fugazi record I ever bought, and it takes me back to the time I bought it, so when I saw that it had been repressed recently on blue vinyl I figured I would pick one up.

Other than white vinyl, I guess clear blue seems like the most suitable colour for this to have been pressed on, and I like that whoever is involved in making such decisions seems to be picking colours that suit the artwork.

I am going to guess that in time all of the Fugazi records are going to be repressed on colour vinyl and I will probably get sucked into buying them all. Well, except 'End Hits'. But if this does happen then I will end up owning two copies of each record - one black vinyl first press, and one colour vinyl repress from 30 years later.Yet Fugazi is not really a band that I feel I need to own multiple copies of. So I'm already having a debate with myself about which copies I should keep. As ever, it's not an easy decision.

No comments: