Saturday 25 February 2023

Just A(nother) Minor Threat

When I decided to buy the blue vinyl Fugazi 'Repeater' LP I decided to also pick up the latest repress of the Minor Threat self-titled 12". This time it comes with a light grey cover and is on silver vinyl.

I'm not a fan of these modern day silver and gold vinyl colors. The records generally look like they are made of a cheap plastic that reminds me of kids toys. I can imagine a toy truck being made of this color plastic. But it doesn't seem quite right for a record.

This is a great example of a record where I have no idea what I am doing. I have never really tried to collect Minor Threat records, but this now represents the 4th colour vinyl pressing of this record that I own. It feels like they are going to keep on pressing this one for years to come on different colours and I'm not entirely sure I want to carry on playing the game. But for now I feel I should grab these things whilst they are available and then figure out if I need them later on.

No comments: