Tuesday 23 November 2021

To Die For 2021

Integrity's 'To Die For' LP was originally put out by Deathwish back in 2003 on CD only, which I remember felt like a weird decision at the time. What felt like an eternity later, it was then finally put out on vinyl by A389 Records in 2010. And then a decade later, it was reissued on 12" vinyl format by German label Backbite Records. And here we are, a year and half or so later, and Backbite have pressed up a few more copies, with different cover art. I think these went up for sale on Halloween, although I am unsure as to whether they were pressed specifically for Halloween or whether that was just a coincidence. But they arrived on the scene with very little warning, and as usual I felt obliged to pick up one of each. Over the years I have learnt that it is best to buy while the opportunity is there, because chasing things later can take time and cost a lot more.

The first copy I picked up was a green vinyl test press with a cover handmade by Dwid. Colour vinyl test presses are pretty rare, and I think this one looks great.

There was then also a gold vinyl test press made which was sold by the label. This one comes in a black sleeve with a gold stenciled skull on the front. It also looks great. My only slight issue is that it isn't numbered. In my mind, anything that exists in a quantity of less than 50 copies should be numbered by default.

Next up is the black vinyl 'Diehard' version. This one comes with a numbered postcard, which has the front cover artwork on the front, and a sketch by Dwid on the back. It's numbered out of 66 copies.

And in addition there were 4 different colour vinyl versions pressed. Rather than take individual photos, I just bundled them together in one shot.

I didn't realise until today when I checked the label's online store, but these colours are all much more limited than I had initially assumed. Each of the green, yellow and red vinyl copies are out of only 55 copies each. The pink vinyl is more common, being out of 200 copies. But all copies of this thing are sold out now. So I'm glad I was quick out of the blocks as no doubt these will remain a tough find for some time to come.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That photo with all the colored vinyl is fantastic.