Thursday 18 November 2021

I.N.T.E.G.2K.18

Here's another record that I have only just received three years after it came out, and another one that evokes the question 'how the hell is time going so fast?'. This is an Integrity 7", but a bit of a weird one. I'm not entirely sure why this came to be released in 2018, but this 7" contains two songs from a CD that came out the year 2000, released under the name Integ2000. That CD contains 10 songs, of which 5 are covers, and I don't think I am being unfair by saying that the Integ2000 CD is widely considered to be the band's worst release. So I'm not sure why it was decided to re-record two of the songs and release them in 2018 on a 7". But that's what this record is.

This 7" is titled 'I.N.T.E.G.2K.18' and contains one original song ('Beneath The Flesh') and one cover ('Bad Girls' originally by Donna Summer). It was a pretty limited affair, with only 300 copies made in total, pressed on 3 colours of vinyl of 100 copies each. The first version is a pink vinyl version, which comes in a pink cover:

The second version is yellow vinyl, which comes in the 'regular' black and white cover:

The third and final version is black vinyl in the regular cover:

As usual with Integrity records, I managed to acquire a test press with a hand made cover from Dwid. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that the face on the front is Donna Summer.

As I mentioned, the two songs here were re-recorded versions of songs originally released in 2000, and they do sound much better than the original versions. Maybe after these two songs, the whole album will be re-recorded and released at some point?

No comments: