Saturday 20 November 2021

Integrity Power Trip Variants

The records in today's post were purchased four years ago, in November 2017, but I have just received them. I don't fully remember the circumstance of how I became aware of these, but what I do know is that one day Magic Bullet Records put up for sale some rare variants of the Integrity / Power Trip split 12". I'm not sure if the sale of these things was announced in advance or whether they just went up without any kind of build up. But all I remember is buying them at my desk at work, and making a snap decision in seconds about whether I wanted to buy them or not. The deal was that there were 4 rare variants, with low numbers of each. I think at the time I was annoyed at 'having' to spend the money, but at the same time I knew that if I wasted 5 minutes thinking about it then they would probably be sold out. Sadly one of them was out of only 3 copies and I missed out on it, but I bagged one each of the other 3. So here we go...

All of these are stamped on the inner paper sleeve, which is a pretty good way of making clear which ones are the legit official variants. The first one is known as 'Smoked' and is numbered out of 8 copies. It's basically a slightly less clear clear vinyl.

The second is known as 'Headwound' and is numbered out of 9. It's basically a clear vinyl with a red splotch, but you can see where the name comes from.

And along the same lines, the third one is called 'Mindblower'. This one is numbered out of a massive 21 copies:

These were definitely 3 records that I never planned on buying, especially since I had already forked out for 3 copies and a test press. These limited, numbered variants are cool for the fact that they are numbered, although the colours themselves are slightly disappointing as they are not too far off the regular colours. It's also super frustrating that this is one collection I can never complete because the one I missed is out of 3 copies and there's no way that the dudes who have one will ever let theirs go. But all things considered, I'm happy to have had a chance to grab these, and glad that I pulled the trigger as no doubt I'd have regretted passing on these.

Anyway, here's an updated collection shot. The regular copies are at the top, the numbered copies in the middle, and the test press is at the bottom.

No comments: