Monday 22 November 2021

Liquid Death

Another Integrity post for a record that I bought when it came out, but have only just received. I paid for this one in August 2016. Yup, over 5 years ago! I distinctly remember I was on my way home from work and I knew exactly what time this thing was going on sale, because I was nearly home but had to run the last couple of hundred metres to make sure I was going to get there in time. And I remember this because the last bit of my walk to my house is up a pretty steep hill. So there I was, full on running up this steep hill in my work clothes and carrying a bag, desperate to get on to a reliable wifi connection. Haha! Well anyway, I made it and got an order in, which I am even happier with now than I was then, because even though this thing cost a lot of money for a 'new' release, buying one today will cost you somewhere in the region of 3-5 times as much.

So this is a reissue of Integrity's 'Humanity Is The Devil' on a liquid filled 12" record. I'm sure that anyone reading this has probably seen numerous photos or videos of this thing over the past 5 years.

These were stamped and numbered out of 66 copies. I got number 58.

It also comes with a little slip of paper which advises me to 'take extra care of it'. Like I needed to be told. I dare not breathe too close to this thing, just in case I disrupt the earth's balance in some way and generate a leak.

Part of the reason this took so long to get to me was that at first I didn't want my friend to ship it to me because I was worried about it getting damaged in transit. So I kinda figured that I might collect it in person, or that maybe I would think up some way to have it sent that would significantly reduce the risk of it getting damaged. Some of these leaked and I didn't want to have to deal with that, but I figured that if it was going to happen to anyone, it was going to happen to me because sometimes I just seem to have bad luck. Thankfully my luck held out for once and it arrived in perfect shape. Now I just need to worry about it leaking for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Nico said...

I love this novelty record. I heard a lot about liquid records leaking or the liquid evaporating over time. Be sure to double pack it in plastic.